GetCOO

Palazzo Clerici

Palazzo Clerici was constructed in an urban context of small houses. It was bought by the Clerici family in the second half of the seventeenth century.In the 1700s the Clerici family consolidated its power thanks to the remarkable esteem that the Austrian rule had for the local nobility. In this period, during the transition from Baroque to neoclassical, the building was one of the most luxurious residences in the city. Between 1773 and 1778, the year in which the court moved to Palazzo Reale, Francesco Clerici rented the palazzo to Archduke Ferdinand of Austria and his wife Beatrice d'Este, representatives of the Empress of Vienna in the duchy of Milan.