GetCOO

Palazzo Comunale

The townhall, named Palazzo Comunale, is situated in the central piazza della Libertà. The townhall was designed by the architect Cosimo Morelli and built starting from 1791 on the ruins of the former old Palazzo Brandolini. At the time, nearby the building there used to be an arcade called "Portico delle Bugie", which means portico of the lies, since it used to host the merchants while they were working and meeting each other.