GetCOO

Palazzo Conestabile della Staffa - Biblioteca Augusta

It was built between 1628 and 1629 by count Ottavio di Grimano Ferretti. In the second half of the nineteenth century was the residence of Princess Maria Valentini Bonaparte, who made it a center of cultural life. The building is also known for hosting important frescoes painted by Giovanni Andrea Carlone and Felice Giani. Since 1970 the palace houses the Augusta Public Library, perhaps the oldest public library in Italian (1581).



image