GetCOO

Palazzo del Collegio Puteano

The Palazzo del Collegio Puteano (Palace of the Putean College) is a building in Piazza dei Cavalieri in Pisa, Italy. The palace occupies the whole western part of the square and makes a corner with Via Corsica street.The palace, located near to the Church of St Rocco, was built in the present form between 1549 and 1598, by joining a group of three previous houses.In 1605, it was given in perpetual rent to the Knights of St Stephen, to host some students from Piedmont, by order of Archbishop Carlo Antonio Dal Pozzo, from whom the name Puteano is derived.Between 1608 and 1609 the façade was decorated with allegoric frescoes by Giovanni Stefano Marucelli.



image