GetCOO

Palazzo dell'Arte della Lana

A corridor designed by Buontalenti and built in 1569 connecting the two salons Orsanmichele with the Palazzo dell'Arte della Lana, located in the street dell'Arte della Lana. The production of wool was one of the richest of the seven major guilds and in the thirteenth century there were more than two hundred shops and employed more than thirty thousand workers; a number really great for those times. Like described in a plaque on the wall of this building was the site of Art in the year 1308; the Arte della Lana Palace was restored in 1905 by Lusini, and starting of this date it became the seat of the Dante Society.