GetCOO

Palazzo delle Opere Pie

This palace was built in 1728 to host the bishop while he was staying in Bagnacavallo. But the cardinal "Cardinal Legato" didn't agree that the bishop could spent long periods out of its hometown Faenza, so the palace became property of Sacro Monte and "Congregazione delle Opere Pie".The facade, marked by an arcade held on rectangular pillars, carries also a niche with a ceram statue of the Madonna and child. The doorway leads to a wide entrance whose ceiling is decorated with frescoes and there are hanging capitals; a wide staircase leads to the upper floors whose ceilings still preserves decorations of stucco and fresco.