GetCOO

Palazzo di Propaganda Fide

The Palazzo di Propaganda Fide is a palace located in Rome, designed byGian Lorenzo Bernini, then Francesco Borromini. Since 1626, it has housed the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples and since 1929 is an extraterritorial property of the Holy See. The building is located in the Rione Colonna, at the southern end of Piazza di Spagna. Its southern facade is in front of the basilicaSant'Andrea delle Fratte, whose cupola and the bell were the work of Borromini. The main facade was created by Bernini (1644), and the front side of the via di Propaganda by Borromini (1646). This setting aside of Bernini's work was a request of Pope Innocent X, who preferred Borromini's style.



image