GetCOO

Palazzo Folicaldi

Located next to Porta Superiore, the main doorway of the historical town centre, Palazzo Folicaldi is a beautiful XVII century building (the top floor was added in the XIX century). In the middle of the XIX century, the bishop Giovanni Benedetto Folicaldi had a small private chapel built on the second floor, which was dedicated to Beata Vergine Maria. This palace hosted the Pope Pio IX during his stay in Romagna in 1857.