GetCOO

Palazzo Fortuny

The Palazzo Fortuny is an art museum in Venice. Once owned by the Pesaro family, this Gothic building in Campo San Beneto, was transformed by Mariano Fortuny into his own photography, stage-design, textile-design and painting atelier. For a time, the palace was known as the Palazzo Orfei after an 18th-century tenant, a muscical society known as the Accademia d'Orfeo. The building maintains the structure created by Fortuny, as well as its collections. The building was donated to the city in 1956 by Henriette Nigrin, Mariano’s widow. The collections within the museum comprise an extensive number of pieces which reflect the various fields investigated by the artist.