GetCOO

Palazzo Giuli Rosselmini Gualandi

In the late middle ages, the building that today is Palazzo Blu belonged to one of the most important families in the history of Pisa, the Dell’Agnellos, who lived in two tower houses side by side. In 1356 they decided to join these to another of their residences by building a bridge over an already existing street. This second building is on the eastern side of the palazzo, set further back towards the south. The result of this work was declared by contemporary sources as being a very fine building and palzzo (“bellissimo edificio e palazzo”) ideal for the political status of this family who, in 1364 became doges of the city.



image