GetCOO

Palazzo Grimaldi della Meridiana

The palazzo was constructed on a lot of land, alongside the salita San Francesco, purchased by Gerolamo Grimaldi Oliva in 1536: the works hence precede the urbanisation of “Strada Nuova”, an operation from which the new residence drew great benefit since up to that point the area, being on the periphery, was not known for its prestigious residential building.It is not known who drew up the project and directed the works which were completed in 1545 when the building had already passed into the hands of the son of the founder, Battista.