GetCOO

Palazzo Grimaldi di Calamezzana

Palazzo Grimaldi of Calamezzana belonged to the eponymous noble family of Modica, descended from the Grimaldi of Genoa and Monaco and became extinct in 1965. Built between 1830 and 1870 in an eclectic style, now houses at the 1st floor the Giovan Pietro Grimaldi Foundation, created in 1918 by the homonymous professor and Rector of the University of Catania. It is open to the public and contains a magnificent gallery of family portraits and contemporary artwork.



image