GetCOO

Palazzo Grimaldi, poi Papa

Palazzo Grimaldi, then Papa, was built by the barons Lorefice family in the 17th century and later passed by marriage to the family of the princes Grimaldi. In 1693 it suffered extensive damages and in the second half the branch of the princes Grimaldi (which still flourish in Catania ) became extinct. It later went to the family of the Risorgimento patriot Carlo Papa (1825-1880).



image