The building was commissioned by Franco Lercari and its construction was begun in 1571. In 1845 it was bought by the Parodi family who still owns it. The building, whose architect is unknown, differs with respect to the other buildings on the Strada Nuova. The facade's lower part is decorated with diamond-pointed ashlar masonry, while its upper floors originally had an airier appearance thanks to a series of open loggias, which were later enclosed with glass panes and were walled-in at the outset of the nineteenth century. The facade's portal supported by two telamons by Taddeo Carlone, with chopped-off noses, is also particularly noteworthy.