GetCOO

Palazzo Monte Frumentario


Born as a former hospital of the city of Assisi, one of the first in all of Italy, the Palazzo Monte Frumentario was built in 1267 out of the first Roman circle, on the downstream side of the road leading to the Basilica of San Francesco. At the entrance, which is spread over 3 floors, it is introduced by a portico of 7 segmental arches , supported by columns equipped with Byzantine capitals carved by stonecutters Venetians. The frontfacade is decorated with frescoes painted by an Umbrian follower of Giotto (1300), past which leads to a large living room decorated with neo-Gothic frescoes andilluminated by a large window open on the valley.




image