GetCOO

Palazzo Olginati- Museo Storico

The History Museum “Giuseppe Garibaldi” is housed in Palazzo Olginati, which dates back to the XV century. This Palace was donated to the City of Como thanks to the devise of the last descendant of the family, Carlotta Olginati, on the condition that a museum named Giuseppe Garibaldi would be established inside, to recall his stay in 1866; the Museum was inaugurated in 1932.The exhibition is divided in two departments: the Risorgimento and Modern History and the Ethnography and Art Gallery.



image