GetCOO

Palazzo Rosso

In 1591 Strada Nuova was paved, its completion was then taken for granted. In fact there were no more lots for sale, but on the south side, besides the area of Campanella and the Grimaldi spare one, small alleys and slums encumbered the area thus not contributing to the conclusion of such a magnificence and induced someone into the temptation of buying and demolishing in order to prolong “la strada nuova delli palatji”. In 1671 the brothers Ridolfo and Gio. Francesco Brignole Sale could rely on a suitable area, though dissected by an unchangeable road network, to start the building of their palace, today a civic Museum at number 14 of via Garibaldi.