GetCOO

Palazzo Salemi o dei "Pulera"

Palazzo Salemi was built from 1631 to 1640, with its characteristic arcades (dialect: "pulera", "pillars"). It served as the Town Hall since the late seventeenth century to 1869. The ground floor has a porch with six arches, surmounted by a long, continuous balcony. In 1631 the Town Councillors Don Claudio Arezzo, Vincenzo de Guardialaini, Melchior Ascenzo and Vincenzo Salemi, gave the commission for the new city hall at the foreman Silvestro Dierna. The new project of the town hall included a two-story building, with a porch on the ground floor, consisting of six arches and pillars defined by pilasters of Tuscan order.



image