GetCOO

Palazzo Sant'Anna - Ex Convento dei SS. Anna e Calogero

The church of St. Anne (1686) and former Convent of the Reformed Franciscan Fathers (1613) is home of the local Section of Historical State Archive. The the most important part of it is the Archive of the County of Modica (1296-1812). On top of the impressive baroque prospect of the former convent, which dominates the lower part of the city, the beautiful golden eagle stone representing the coat of arms of the County.



image