GetCOO

Palazzo Tarsis

The Palazzo Tarsis is an 18th-century mansion in Milan, built in the Neoclassical style. Its interiors were fully renovated after the building was bombed in 1943. Historically part of the Porta Nuova district, it is located at 1, Via San Paolo. Built between 1836 and 1838 for Count Paolo Tarsis by the architect Luigi Clerichetti, it stands on the site of the former San Paolo in Compito church and is one of the city's latest Neoclassical works. Its central portico with Corinthian columns is surmounted by a cornice supporting statues of the Dii Consentes sculpted by Luigi Marchesi and Gaetano Manfredini. The main entrance consists of a retracted portal with two Doric columns.