GetCOO

Palazzo Toscanelli

Built in the first half of the 16th century by Bartolomeo Lanfranchi, this palazzo is situated directly opposite Palazzo Lanfranchi, built by his son Alessandro on the other side of the river. In 1505 Bartolomeo purchased a five-storey domus on the Lungarno with loggia, a well and relevant facilities. The first alterations, by the architect Giovan Battista Cervelliera, were carried out in 1560 then, in 1576 Albizzo and Giovanni Lanfranchi created the luxurious mansion with a new facade overlooking the river.Francesco Mosca, nicknamed “Meschino” designed a ‘modern’facade, with rusticated stone corners from roof to ground and an array of stone.



image