GetCOO

Porta Crucia

Crucia Gate, also known as Porta Nuova Eburnea, was built in 1576 on a pre-existing gate under the Governor of Antonio Santacroce, as reported on the plaque above the arch. At that time Eburnea street was known as the road of the fish, as it was the shortest for fishermen who carried fish from the Trasimeno lake to the fish market located in Piazza del Sopramuro (now Piazza Matteotti ). There are visible signs of an affix stone fish at the corner of Via Eburnea.



image