GetCOO

Porta Santa Margherita

A gate in the medieval wall reopened in 1821, when, in the area just below, the pavilions of the former provincial lunatic asylum were built, (which now houses schools, university and other public facilities). Just a little further on, in the deep vale of the Santa Margherita ravine, are the sturdy “briglie di Braccio”, built in the 15 th century by Braccio Fortebracci da Montone to strengthen the hill of Perugia.



image