GetCOO

Torre dell'Orologio

It was erected in the second half of the 1500. In 1603 the Municipality commissioned the architect Giovan Battista Aleotti to reconstruct the tower, which took the appearance that still holds. In 1864 a clock with a luminous dial was placed.With the enlargement of Corso Porta Reno, in the '50s of the 20th century, the tower was to be in the middle of the road and the entrance between two overpasses, one of 14th century and the other one made in the '50s.