GetCOO

Tre Archi o Porta Santa Croce

The monumental Tre Archi (three arches) was built in 1857, when Via Marconi was extended across Corso Cavour, along what had been the left wall of the church ofSanta Croce. Vestiges of the cloister of Santa Croce survive to the sides. This gate replaced Porta San Carlo (see Walk VII below) as the main entrance to the city from Tuscany.



image